Monday, November 17, 2008

My latest favorites













I LOVED these books with the exception of Twilight. It was OK but slow to me and not near as good as all the other books I've ever listed on here in MY opinion. I do know several people that love it, though.
The 19th wife is about one of Brigham Young's wives, the famous Ann Eliza Young, and has fascinating historical details from wikipedia entries, academic research papers, newspaper pieces, etc. Its extremely interesting. Sarah's Key tells the story of the Paris roundups and deportations when thousands of Jewish families were arrested by the French police. They were held at the Ve'lodrome d'Hiver and then transported to Aushwitz.
Veil of Roses was a story of a girl from Iran and her first experiences here in America. Everything Changes was hysterical and I am getting The Book of Joe by Jonathan Tropper today.
Yes, I have 4 children and read a lot but its only because I read the whole time I'm working out. I do not lie in bed all day!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Hey when you get a chance I need your address. Email it to me when you can--Jen

Happy Turkey Day!