Friday, August 29, 2008

Derek Begins 1st Day of Pre-School


The little stinker started his very first day ever of preschool. He is a Tues/Thurs student of University United Methodist. He loved it and is not the least bit shy or afraid. He stormed into the class shouting "Hey, I'm Derek. I brought my lunch. You want to see my homework??" He's been a handful lately so I'm hoping this structure will help us out a bit. While Melanie and John-Michael have never gotten into trouble, time-out, had to move their color clip, etc.., I have a feeling D will be a visitor at some point to the naughty chair. But he'll always have buddies and a good time. Such a relief!!

I would pick this rowdiness in a heartbeat (ok judgers out there, yeah, yeah, yeah it sounds like bad parenting) rather than being stressed out the way I am over John-Michael. Having a shy kid can be very hard and I am always worried about him having a friend at lunch and the playground. He has a hard time joining in and its heartbreaking as a mom.

I haven't had a break from having any children at home in a long while so it was very strange yesterday. The last time was when Mel and JM were 2 and 3 and they went twice a week here in SA. Melanie and JM went to preschools later but in New York it was 3 hours a day max and I had D at home so that doesn't count. Anyhow, I would like to say I did something fun and exciting but my day including the gym, bank, Staples, 4 loads of laundry, scrubbed tile grout with bleach, post office, and car wash. At least it was productive. I did read in my bed from 12-1. I hope Warren is not reading this.

1 comment:

jenny said...

That photo of Derick pointing is cracking me up. Oh, and I failed to mention that Jared has the same shirt as JM. Too funny.

I almost feel guilty when all my kids are at school since I now just have Weston. It's weird, but at the same time I really love having that time to myself. And like you I spend my day running errands finding my self exhausted by the end of the day!