Friday, August 29, 2008

Election Coverage / Sarah Palin?????


Will we have our first woman VP candidate ever? Any minute now McCain will announce his pick. This is very exciting. As always, Warren and I have been closely following the election and watching the speeches, commentaries, etc.
I think the Obama camp has some really good ideas and frankly, I am sick of being involved in the Middle East. Warren will soon go on his 5th deployment over there and its getting old. It was very smart of Obama to directly address the military last night. Historically, Democrats are NOT big advocates for defense and military pay. This is only one of the things I find enticing about the Obama camp. I am trying to give him some credit here.
However, I can never see myself actually voting for a Democrat, especially Obama. I wouldn't exactly feel safe with him in office. I mean, come on!!! I found these lines from a speech he gave recently.

The full text from the video, as released, reads as follows:
...I'm the only major candidate who opposed this war from the beginning. And as president I will end it.
Second, I will cut tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending.
I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems.I will not weaponize space.
I will slow our development of future combat systems.
And I will institute an independent "Defense Priorities Board" to ensure that the Quadrennial Defense Review is not used to justify unnecessary spending.
Third, I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons. To seek that goal, I will not develop new nuclear weapons; I will seek a global ban on the production of fissile material; and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBMs off hair-trigger alert, and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenals.
Craziness!!!
Warren has worked too hard to get to where he's at so we're not big into handouts. Plus, socialized medicine would never work. Plus, no one will EVER convince me that abortion should be legal. How can Joe Biden call himself a Catholic and run on that ticket?? This is one of many things that make me sick about them.

No comments: