Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Next Move

Over the past week, we've done a lot of thinking. Warren has spent 4 out of 7 nights at the hospital and we are both very tired and irritable to say the least. We had the opportunity to move to Colorado Springs, Warren's dream assignment, this past summer but turned it down because we had just built a house and I didn't want the kids to move schools again. Mel has already been in 8 and she has yet to repeat a year at the same place. This year will be her first to do so at Bob Beard. It just didnt' make sense to pick up and leave so quickly and we would have taken a hit we couldn't afford on our house.

The only reason we moved here in the first place was to be closer to family. But once we really examined it, we aren't hardly seeing my family much and we are missing out on our own immediate family life. It is nice having my mom in the same town but she does work 2 jobs so "help" is rare.

I've been looking at homes on the internet trying to get a feel for life in CO. The views are amazing and the cost of living is pretty much exactly the same as here. We can ski for $99 a year and the kids are all at the perfect age for this and I will definitely find a neighborhood with children in it. It'll be fun to be around snow again and Warren can work 10 minutes away and NEVER take this high level trauma call. I can't even imagine the difference it will make for us. The bad parts will be the next deployment to Iraq b/c I won't have family nearby and he will have to travel with the teams at the Academy. Warren spoke with the guy in charge last night and let him know our plans. 2 other guys have been arguing over this position for next year but Warren has priority. Its all set! Excited!!!!

1 comment:

jenny said...

All I can say is wow. I really hope it works out for you guys since I know your neighbors aren't that ideal for you. Hey, and you could drive down here it's only 10 hours from Colorado! (better than 14 from Texas) Keep me posted!